At the start of every year, I create a list of quotes to guide and inspire me for the next 12 months. Here are the quotes I've selected for 2013:
- "Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul, the blueprints of your ultimate achievements."
- "The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire not things we fear."
- "Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get."
- "Obstacles are necessary for success because in selling, as in all careers of importance, victory comes only after many struggles and countless defeats."
- "A real decision is measured by the fact that you've taken a new action. If there's no action, you haven't truly decided."
- "If you can't control your anger, you are as helpless as a city without walls waiting to be attacked."
The Book of Proverbs
- A mediocre person tells. A good person explains. A superior person demonstrates. A great person inspires others to see for themselves."
- "Freedom, privileges, options, must constantly be exercised, even at the risk of inconvenience."
- "Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
- "You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want."
- "The number of times I succeed is in direct proportion to the number of times I can fail and keep on trying."
- "You have everything you need to build something far bigger than yourself."
selected BY GEOFFREY JAMES
A positive attitude make success easy; a negative one makes success pointless.
“I’m an optimist. I’ve always believed the future is going to be better than the past. And I also believe I have a role in that. The great thing about human beings, myself in particular, is that I can change. I can do better. If you can get up every day, stay optimistic, and believe the future is better than the past, those few things get you through a lot of tough times.”
– Jeffrey Immelt, CEO of GE